The textiles, aluminum and plastics that make up Stork products are not only carefully selected for durability, safety and function, but also for their minimal impact on the environment. Manufacturing can be a dirty business, so we seek out suppliers who are innovating to save energy, conserve water and reduce landfill waste.
Stork fabrics are made from 100% recycled PET (post-consumer plastic water bottles, rPET, polyethylene terephthalate). Because of this, we have up-cycled over 1 million bottles into our fabrics since 2011.
Since inception, we have been proudly using the same family-run factory in Taiwan to help us to stay closely involved throughout the production process. In addition, our black colorways use an innovative dye process that conserves approximately 25-40 gallons of water per stroller. This dye process not only reduces water use, but also pollution.
What is Recycled PET (rPET)?
PET is polyethylene terephthalate (plastic water bottles), considered a greener option in textiles today for a few reasons:
• Various studies all agree that PET uses anywhere from 35-53% less energy to make recycled polyester than it does to make virgin polyester.
• We are keeping bottles out of landfills and reducing the use of raw/virgin materials.
• rPET is cited as producing far fewer emissions than the production of virgin polyester.
What is TPR?
Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR), has replaced the foam in our handlebars excluding Era which features 100% cork. TPR is durable, recyclable and uses less energy to produce.
• Durable & Anti-microbial
• 100% Sustainable & Renewable
• Naturally Waterproof & Non-toxic
• Non-slip, Ergonomic Grip